AIR-O-MATIC Systems - Air Conditioning Engineers
A BRAND THAT VALUES REPEAT ORDERS HAS A PHILOSOPHY ON QUALITY AND CONTINUED SPARES AVAILABILITY, BUT IT MIGHT NOT BE THE CASE WITH A BRAND THAT IS HAPPY WITH ITS FIRST SALE BECAUSE OF SHEER MARKET SIZE!
How to select an appropriate Air conditioner for my house?
• Convey your requirements correctly to the engineer/ representative. Demand various options available. Then choose that looks suited to your needs. Do not hesitate ask more questions.
What are all the steps should I follow before and after fitting an Air condition in my house?
• Position window units only at or above 3' to 6'.
• Reduce glass windows on walls as much as possible.
• Locate the outdoor unit in a well-ventilated place
• Do not dump unwanted materials in an air-conditioned room
• Keep the doors of the air-conditioned room shut when the unit is running
* Whenever the unit is switched off, keep the doors open for some time to allow fresh air to enter and avoid build up of foul smells.
How should I position the outdoor unit?
• Locate the outdoor unit in a well-ventilated place. If feasible, position the outdoor unit in such a way that direct sunlight can be avoided falling on the aluminum finned condenser coil that is visible. This is not a "requirement", but this definitely allows the unit to perform better
How to balance my electrical loads properly?
• Ascertain the rating/capacity of the electricity supply you have. You may need to enhance the same if it is not meeting your needs, OR, you may have to change the combination of units chosen if possible, OR alter your requirements. "Technically speaking you don’t need a 3 phase connecti on for a window or split units for residences, though it may help balance your electrical loads properly”.
“My house is in the top floor of the Building”-what precautionary steps should I follow while fitting an air-conditioner?
• If you are on the top floor of the building insulate the ceiling with 2" thick TF quality insulation to reduce the load, initial investment and running costs, though you may spend a little more on insulation. It pays to insulate. In upper floors a service platform around the outdoor unit, to facilitate easy access for servicing of the unit is a must.
Is there any service tips?
• Limit your self-servicing of the AC unit, to only cleaning of the AIR FILTERS as many times as possible, say once in 15 days. Leave the rest of the servicing to trained service personnel.
Remember, that quality service will be available to a branded product till its full life, whereas for an unbranded product it is not so. The reason is simple- A brand has to defend itself for its life. An assembled one looks for another buyer to stay in business instead!
How to improve compressor performance?
• Co-operate with the AC installer in keeping the refrigerant piping lengths to as short as possible to improve the performance and life of the compressor. Lengths up to 20' are easily met by the reciprocating compressors. Longer lengths are possible with rotary or scroll compressors.